Wednesday, October 17, 2007

When your brand is 'too little, too late'


Apologies for having to post about this for the second time this week but this ad. is shouting for attention, yet the only thing that attracts my attention is the discrete small print which identifies the source. Why are local political parties afraid of there own brand? Is it because they don't like to portray themselves as being 'too negative, too much' or a strategic decision to make opinion sound as factual.

I've never heard of a Mac product which lacked a bold Apple sign, nicely placed at the centre of a plain white surface And for that matter a local embelishment project that was not associated with one of the two parties.

Politics apart, what happens when your brand is THE problem? When you have spammed your clients too much that they try to avoid you? What do you do when your brand fails to deliver? What do you do when you've messed up your reputation? Re-brand, Re-launch, Change market or give up?

1 comments:

elizabeth | 10/18/2007 12:27 AM  

Dear me I'm the first comment-er I am so awesome!!! I love this thing about the brands- It all makes lots of sense, most honestly it does! But I do not know what to say about being ashamed of your own brand. In any case, it's not a happy situation I guess. Keep blogging :)

Tu comentario será moderado la primera vez que lo hagas al igual que si incluyes enlaces. A partir de ahi no ser necesario si usas los mismos datos y mantienes la cordura. No se publicarán insultos, difamaciones o faltas de respeto hacia los lectores y comentaristas de este blog.