Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Blab & steal attention "from anywhere"

I got this Twitter status by email:

'BBC Radio 1 to broadcast Coldplay's Glasgow gig on Sept 18th (listen online from anywhere) - http://bit.ly/Z7qGg'

Have you ever driven for long distances, driving for hours, crossing boarders and countries? Well if you have/had to do that you would know that your car stereo would switch from one radio station to the other on the same or nearby frequency. Some of the radios are specific to the area and broadcast traffic updates as you cross the region. Very useful, however very old school. Today you can broadcast content from anywhere and you don't have neither size nor geographic limitations.

This is great news however not totally: the massive content clutter makes my blog one of many many, and hence, empowered by the internet which allows an unqualified blogger like me to broadcast his thoughts, I am actually less important than ever. If I really had to be serious about being important online, I would have to devise an attention stealing strategy!

However, I may resort to the 'Blab & follow' strategy. I'll blab when I think it is appropriate, as we all do on our facebook, twitter, blogger accounts, and then wait for some attention to be given to me. A long-tail, a big long tail of blabs give us a long tail of attention - little amounts of attention for everyone to be happy wherever ("from anywhere")!

0 comments:

Tu comentario será moderado la primera vez que lo hagas al igual que si incluyes enlaces. A partir de ahi no ser necesario si usas los mismos datos y mantienes la cordura. No se publicarán insultos, difamaciones o faltas de respeto hacia los lectores y comentaristas de este blog.