Friday, November 09, 2007

Too many posts: Facebook's New Ad System

Facebook has launched a new ad. proposition which basically revolves around Word-of-mouth advertising. The new system allows users to blab about their latest purchases.

I have been reading about the new ad. model since it's launch on Nov. 6th but this article made me write some comments about it. As stated in the article, Facebook gives an identity to the person recommending the product, giving added value to the product reviews and recommendations that we're so used to.

Some marketers are skeptic about the new ad. model because they can't imagine users actually taking the initiative and speaking about their product. Since I have discovered Kevin Roberts I have to quote the guy. Roberts believes in LoveMarks, products which we love and are loyal to even beyond reason (Classic example: Ipod). Various organizations define loyalty as the moment when the customer becomes a brand evangelist and recommends the product. Everyone has his/her list of lovemarks. I have drawn my list:

TomPeters.com: The guy is so excited about his job
Google (& Blogger): Makes things simple and available for everyone
My SonyEricsson K8510: It is not the perfect mobile device but the good camera features make me speak about it
Tronky: Everyday breakfast, can't do without
Gomonews: Edgy wireless news at the right time
Adage.com: The big picture about advertising
Alicia Keys-Unplugged: My colleagues at the office have heard the album (even though I usually plug in earphones)

Disclaimer: Karl may have gone out of point with the above Lovemarks list but he hasn't read the book yet.

I will definitely recommend the above services/products on my facebook profile!

1 comments:

elizabeth | 11/11/2007 12:37 AM  

how do you access a facebook profile??? gAAH it s not foolproof enough.

love this lovemarks thing. I usually recommend il-qassata tal-german circle! jokes aside, I love this lovemarks thing. It makes sense.

Tu comentario será moderado la primera vez que lo hagas al igual que si incluyes enlaces. A partir de ahi no ser necesario si usas los mismos datos y mantienes la cordura. No se publicarán insultos, difamaciones o faltas de respeto hacia los lectores y comentaristas de este blog.