Friday, November 09, 2007

"the web is better when it's Google" - Google OpenSocial (part 2)

This BLAB promises to be a very, very subjective one and backed by little factual insights, but I have some issues with Google...and the OpenSocial business.

Google is in my top list of organisation who understand interactive and inspire 'aspiring marketing gurus' like me (not that Google really cares about this ranking). Google revolutionized Search but most of all, Google observes me all the time. This it does to deliver great experiences and better services but somewhere in all this there is financial return and I often feel that this may come at the expense of my privacy (and I am not the only one)

OpenSocial promises great experiences to us Hi5 and MySpace users, but it also promises Google more analytics about which widgets I use, when I use them, where I use them, etc.

True, "the web is better when it's social" but does Google really care? Is it more a case of "the web is better when it's Google!"

0 comments:

Tu comentario será moderado la primera vez que lo hagas al igual que si incluyes enlaces. A partir de ahi no ser necesario si usas los mismos datos y mantienes la cordura. No se publicarán insultos, difamaciones o faltas de respeto hacia los lectores y comentaristas de este blog.