Sunday, December 23, 2007

Why BLAB anyways?


BLAB is 2 months and 1 week old. During the past weeks we have blabbed about detailed posts such as the new timesofmalta.com, the American Magazine Conference 2007 and The Body Shop Story. Some quick posts included Nokia World 2007, Alexandra Pace's HotCouture photoshoot and di-ve.com.

Blab has also been featured several times in the Viral Video Chart thanks to content related to successful virals. Virals that featured on this blog included the Cadbury Gorillaz Viral, the successful story of Marie-Digby over YouTube, and the ever mostly viewed 'The Evolution of Dance'.

During 2007, Kylie Minogue and Kevin Roberts also featured in our blog. Apart from all this, the usual YouTube, Google and Facebook blabs were almost regular.

Having gone through the past blabs I am personally surprised at the amount of varied content we've posted. Visits to the blog have also been encouraging, and these do not include users who read our blog through flog (the facebook version of BLABinteractive), yet I sometimes do feel my posts are echoing back in a virtual empty space.

And this gets me to the big question...why blog anyway? I discovered blogging some 5 months ago when I got into the working world. Since then I try to read blogs on a regular basis since this helps me a lot in my daily work. I must admit that December has been very busy and this resulted in less blogging. Before the end of 2007, i will draw up a list of reason which make blogging worthwhile. Feel free to add more (even if you're reading this in 2008):

Reason #1: Knowledge Sharing
Good blogs such as GomoNews (my personal favourite) and many others are a knowledge resource at work and good (intimate) content at home. Through blogging I got to share many ideas with friends and discovered many new things.

Reason #2: Content Filtering
There's too much content for us to digest. Blogs filter this content and provide concise and relevant versions of it. Blogs also allow us to back track on past content which we would have not come across.

Reason #3: Personal Content
My blog is a log of most of the interesting content and articles I come across. I was able to go through the posts of the past 2 months thanks to Blogger and its search facility!

0 comments:

Tu comentario será moderado la primera vez que lo hagas al igual que si incluyes enlaces. A partir de ahi no ser necesario si usas los mismos datos y mantienes la cordura. No se publicarán insultos, difamaciones o faltas de respeto hacia los lectores y comentaristas de este blog.